Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Christmas time in Africa!!

This holiday season has been well.....weird! I miss all the Christmas hoopla and traditions back home with family and friends. I miss the Christmas tree, the baking, gingerbread houses with the McGaw's (Shoutout!), the shopping, the cold weather, the party's, the extra functions at work that is great money, and the Christmas music and lights everywhere all of the time. But at the exact same time I really am enjoying the sunshine (I have a nice burn and peeling skin), and the easy-easy life (okay I did breakdown and I must admit thus far I colored 2 sesame street christmas pics and I made a red and green paper chain for the sitting room at home).  I can probably count on my 2 hands the number of Christmas songs that I have heard thus far. This morning at church the children did their Christmas production and it was WONDERFUL. I am really looking forward to the Christmas Cantata next week. But most of all I am enjoying the true simplicity of Christmas this year. I sometimes forget that Christmas is right around the corner...2 weeks to be exact!!! I don't have my Christmas plans set in stone yet, but I know this holiday will be one that I will never forget!! (And maybe my parents will even allow my stocking to hang until I get home...) Love you and miss you all!! And I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas season!! There is still time for you to give your hard earned money to an orphan as well! Please do so!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment