Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So it's about time that I update you all here. I am back in good old Lancaster County. And no it's not because Ugandans are all money hungry jerks. Yes, the last straw for me may have been that there was ONE Ugandan who was a money hungry jerk. He is one of my brothers that I lived with and I believe that he misused some money and needed money fast to cover up his mistake. He said some REALLY horrible things about my family and friends who spent their life savings to come and visit me and has yet to apologize to this day.  He also demanded that they pay him $350 and locked my bedroom door and kicked me out of the house.  His friends watched in shock and my fan club was already at the guesthouse down the road. God works in mysterious ways that always work for the good.  I am understanding that we make mistakes sometimes because we act quickly or say things out of anger. My hope and prayer is that this young man grows the balls to apologize to me, his sister. Not so much for my own personal well being, but for his own. My last week in the house he refused to speak at me and only occasionally waved as we passed on the road.
So my last week was a whirlwind of emotions and goodbyes.  I can stand and say that I was not emotionally stable before this episode, so after it I was a hot mess. I have never cried so often in my life. Every time I told the story that I was leaving to my Ugandan brothers and friends, I lost it. I am thankful for James who was always there to listen and was willing to give up his life the last week to travel everywhere with me so that I did not have to be alone. For Charles and Ben who stood by my side and I think that their hearts broke for me. For Collins, a family friend, who after I made my decision to leave and was crying hysterically in the house, when I ran outside...he followed. For my REAL brothers and Abby and Kelly who spent their last 24 hours in Uganda comforting me and helping me get things packed. For my friend Abbey who offered that I move into his place...not that this was helpful since I already made the decision to go home and was trying to be firm. But I am thankful!! And God already showed his perfect plan in the entebbe (Uganda) airport. A girl came up to me and asked if we could talk.She was in Uganda for a week (supposed to stay for 4 months to study) but her malaria drugs interfered and dug up some anxiety issues that she battled in the past.  She was completely unstable and nervous about flying home alone. We quickly discovered that we were on the same flight and our layovers in Qatar were both 8 hours. So I will hang out here in Lancaster until God calls me back. More to come as I reflect on my 8 months in Uganda to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment