Saturday, July 16, 2011

For those of you asking for specific prayer requests...

I often ask myself why things can not just be easier all the time. Then I am reminded that life for these children that I am to be loving was never easy. Last week at school a P7 boy came into my class to ask for help with his revisions on a religion exam that he took. We got into a good conversation about the exam and had the Bible open as several members of my class gathered around to listen. He heard that I was staying at Bula Children's Home and shared with me that he stays in another local children's home. Prior to coming to that home he spent 2-3 years as a street child in the slums of Kisenyi. Kisenyi is the slums where many of my friends come from as it is where the street youth that I worked with for 3 months came from. He shared about his life on the streets and how he ended up there. Then he shared how these men from this organization found him and promised him that one thing that he wanted: Education. He began school 3 years ago in P2 and is now in the top quarter of his P7 class. Stories like this make my heart smile. He invited me to come visit his home sometime and I look forward to that day. I know there is hope for these children and it's the little things that may make the difference. I just need prayer to be reminded of these things. To not get frustrated and upset. To not get discouraged. To remember that they are children.
*Prayer for my health and safety. I have been struggling with this annoying cough since I had that cold a month ago. Then on Thursday morning I was very ill with stomach cramps.
*Prayer for each child here at the home: Kenneth, Aaron, Bob, Vincent, Apizu, Arnold, Douglas, Harriet, Juliet, Sharon, Sarah, Brenda, and Lillian. (And also the secondary students away at boarding school)
*We still struggle daily with this whole children majorly disrespecting us thing.
*Prayer for the relationship between the volunteers and the uncles and matron. That we can learn to all work together in order to have the greatest impact.
Thanks to all of you who continue to pray for the work being done here in Uganda. Together we can make a difference in the lives of these children.

No comments:

Post a Comment